Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Magnolia Famous Banana Pudding


When my best-friend went to NY and screamed to me how yummy magnolia banana pudding is, (She said it's even better than the cupcake) i just can't wait to make them! I'm not a big fan of banana, but my parents are. Dad can eat 3 bananas after dinner and mom usually chew on that fruit with anything she can find on the fridge, nutella, cheese, peanut butter, chocolate, anything!

Lucky me, I happen to have magnolia bakery cookbook in handy. what I like about everything in magnolia cookbook that it is so well describe. honestly, it's.so.easy. i usually need to do trial-and-error-and-messed-up-the-kitchen like 2 - 3 times before i can get any recipe right. but with magnolia bakery? snap-snap delicious!

I am lucky to have my cousin-in-law ( what do u call someone who is married to ur cousin?) to take pictures of my pudding. these pictures below are his. hope you enjoy it as much as i do!


PS : I personally think that this pudding is too sweet. next time I'm gonna reduce the amount of the condensed milk

PSS: I just realized that i baked 2 times in a row using magnolia cookbook. hmm. Got to do more variety!

Magnolia Famous Banana Pudding
taken from More From Magnolia by Allysa Torey



one 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 cup ice cold water
one 3.4 ounce package instant vanilla pudding mix
3 cups heavy cream
one 12-once wafers(the book said to use Nabisco Nilla Wafers but I can't find it in Jakarta so i substitute them with Loackers)
4 cups sliced ripe bananas

In a small bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, beat together the sweetened condensed milk and water until well combined, about 1 minute. Add the pudding mix and beat well, about 2 minutes more. Cover and refrigate for 3-4 hours or overnight, before continuing. it is very important to allow the proper amount of time for the pudding mixture to set.



in a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, whip the heavy cream until stiff peak form. gently fold the pudding mixture into the whipped cream until well blended and no streaks of pudding remain.


to assamble the dessert, select a large, wide bowl (preferably glass) with a 4-5 quart capacity. arrange one third of the wafer to cover the bottom of the bowl, overlapping if necessary, then one-third of the bananas and one-third of the pudding. repeat the layering twice more, garnishing with additional wafers or wafer crumbs on the top layers of the pudding. cover tightly with plastic wrap and allow to chill in the refrigerator for 4 hours-or up to 8 hours, but no longer!- before serving.

4 comments:

Xiaolu @ 6 Bittersweets said...

Mm I really like banana pudding but have never made it at home. Too bad this was too sweet for you. I can imagine it would be pretty sweet with the condensed milk but also the flavor that added would be awesome. I didn't even know Magnolia's was famous for a banana pudding!

Ardna said...

Me too, i have always thought that magnolia's was famous for their cupcakes! but than my friend went to NY and told me these pudding are way more delicious than the cupcakes and when i opened the cookbook it literally written 'Magnolia Famous Banana Pudding'

Mandy said...

Ohh banana pudding is one of my favorites! I love your blog! You are officially added to my googlereader! I'm excited to read more!

Ardna said...

Ohmy, Thank you so much Mandy! that means a lot to me :D
i can't wait for more updates at your blog too!